Working directly with my clients is one of my favorite parts of this business. This connection helps me continuously reassess and adapt my workflow to keep projects moving smoothly and efficiently. For many design projects, this is the process you can expect to follow:
- Initial Call: We’ll discuss your business and project goals, answer any preliminary questions you may have for me, and I’ll collect any info I may need to put together a creative brief.
- Moving Forward: I’ll send you your project’s creative brief to ensure we are on the same page as well as the contract and initial deposit request for you to review, complete and return.
- Onboarding: Depending on the project, I’ll set you up with a Dropbox folder (or Google Drive folder if that is your preference) for your business and project materials. In this drive will be a brief onboarding questionnaire and any “homework” I may have for you. You’ll often use this space to drop reference work as well as written and visual content for the project.
- The Visual Concepts: Following the timeline included in your creative brief, I’ll present you with your initial visual concepts as well as insight to the design choices I’ve made. You take this time to review the options, collect feedback and respond with your revisions for the next round.
- Revisions: These rounds will go quicker than the concept phase as we work through applying your edits and getting the design closer to the final product.
- Final Files: Once your final design has been approved, I’ll prepare the files you’ll need to share your design online and/or through print. With logos and brand packages, I’ll also spend this time putting together your brand guidelines packet that goes through the logo variations, fonts, colors and visual elements we created. Most products will also include an instructional sheet that breaks down the uses for different file types as well as How-To’s for implementing your brand elements on common programs like Microsoft and Google.
- Wrap-Up: Once the remainder of your invoice is fulfilled, I’ll send over your packaged documents as well as any additional knowledge you’ll need to use them in the years to come.
Loved working with Kaitlyn! We had a fast approaching deadline, and she was super easy to work with, as well as wonderfully talented and precise. Highly recommend her for any branding/graphic design needs, and look forward to working together again."
High, professional quality! I've just started a business and wanted to make sure that in creating my logo I did it once and it was done right. Kaitlin is highly organized and did a great job of capturing my vision in a simple, versatile way. Will be using her for future marketing materials."
Kaitlyn was very responsive from start to finish. We discussed what we envisioned and she gave us a logo that we loved. So easy to work with. I would have no problem recommending her to another business owner."
Kaitlyn is amazing. She is beyond talented, offers fair rates, and produces QUALITY work when she says she will. I love working with her."
I highly recommend working with YellowLeaf Design. Kaitlyn took my ideas and my vision and created an even better version of what I was thinking. She made the process easy and enjoyable. She made the timeline clear and was able to break up my payments for each milestone, which is helpful for a small business. She is extremely talented and I will absolutely be working with Kaitlyn again on future projects.
I hired Kaitlyn for two different projects now for my businesses marketing materials and both time she was wonderful. He designs were beautiful, she was easy to work with and very responsive. I loved her communication throughout both projects. She was great at laying out expectations, follow through and working through any design questions. I really appreciate all the time and effort she put into both jobs and will continue to work with her in the future. Oh yeah and did I mention the designs were beautiful. Lol I still love going through them. They have truly elevated my business. Thanks Kaitlyn!!"