Working directly with my clients is one of my favorite parts of this business. This connection helps me continuously reassess and adapt my workflow to keep projects moving smoothly and efficiently. For many design projects, this is the process you can expect to follow:
- Initial Call: We’ll discuss your business and project goal’s, answer any preliminary questions you may have for me, and I’ll collect any info I may need to put together a creative brief.
- Moving Forward: I’ll send you your project’s creative brief to ensure we are on the same page as well as the contract and initial deposit request for you to review, complete and return.
- Onboarding: I’ll set you up with a Dropbox folder (or Google Drive folder if that is your preference) for your business and project materials. In this drive will be a brief onboarding questionnaire and any “homework” I may have for you. You’ll often use this space to drop reference work as well as written and visual content for the project.
- The Visual Concepts: Following the timeline included in your creative brief, I’ll present you with your initial visual concepts as well as insight to the design choices I’ve made. You take this time to review the options, collect feedback and respond with your revisions for the next round.
- Revisions: These rounds will go quicker than the concept phase as we work through applying your edits and getting the design closer to the final product.
- Final Files: Once your final design has been approved, I’ll prepare the files you’ll need to share your design online or through print. With logos and brand packages, I’ll also spend this time putting together your brand guidelines packet that goes through the logo variations, fonts, colors and visual elements we created. Most products will also include an instructional sheet that breaks down the uses for different file types as well as How-To’s for implementing your brand elements on common programs like Microsoft and Google.
- Wrap-Up: Once the remainder of your invoice is fulfilled, I’ll send over your packaged documents as well as the knowledge you’ll need to use them in the years to come.
Loved working with Kaitlyn! We had a fast approaching deadline, and she was super easy to work with, as well as wonderfully talented and precise. Highly recommend her for any branding/graphic design needs, and look forward to working together again."
Mina, Boulder Bach Festival